executive & leadership development
Transforming the way we DO BUSINESS!
We work with entrepreneurs, business owners, executives and other organizational leaders to transform the way they do business – whether they are looking to improve performance or communication, exceed goals, grow their business or their teams.
Here is what the Research Says:
“Leaders who express more positive emotions in turn stimulate the same emotions in followers, who then perceive the leader as more charismatic and effective.”– Bono and Ilies (2006)
“Leader hope is associated with follower satisfaction and retention.” Peterson & Luthans, 2003
“At the organizational level, an authentic approach to leading is found to be related to positive outcomes in the human enterprise, including higher levels of self-esteem, psychological well-being, enhanced feelings of friendliness and elevated performance.” Grandey, Fiske, Mattila, Jansen, & Sideman, 2005
“Through increased self-awareness, self-regulation and positive modeling, authentic leaders foster the development of authenticity in followers. In turn, followers’ authenticity contributes to their well-being and the attainment of sustainable and veritable performance.”– Gardner, Avolio, Luthans, May and Walumba 2005
“Authentic leaders are ‘good in their skin,’ so good they don’t feel a need to impress or please others. They not only inspire those around them, they bring people together around a shared purpose and a common set of values and motivate them to create value for everyone involved.” – Bill George, Harvard Business Journal
Our Approach: Authentic Leadership & Communication, and Positive Engagement
Lead, build trust, and have a team of YOU ambassadors who exceed performance goals by learning and practicing the principles of Authentic Leadership.
The four core elements of authenticity are:
- Self-Awareness. You know what is important to you, whether it is values, identity, emotions, goals or motives.
- Balanced Processing. You can consider multiple sides of an issue and analyze all relevant information before making a decision.
- Relational Authenticity. You and your team are transparent and genuinely invested in building authentic relationships with each other, and within the organization.
- Authentic Behavior. Simply stated, you are you and your actions, words and displayed emotions are a representation and validation to it.
Positive Engagement and Teams: The Losada Line 3:1
A decade of research on high and low performance teams, by psychologist Marcial Losada found the minimum positive to negative ratio for a successful team is 3:1. This means that it takes about three positive comments, interactions, experiences or expressions to fend off the languishing effects of one negative. Dip below this level, known as the Losada Line, and workplace performance quickly suffers. Rise above it, and the results are predictably positive. Get your team performance to a 6:1 and your team is performing at peak levels!
Learn how to empower your teams by establishing positive working relationships that are mutually beneficial and built on trust and vitality. We work with you to address the core functions within successful teams and leadership:
- Communicating consistently the goals, vision and desired outcomes
- Understanding, acknowledging and utilizing individual strengths
- Expressing appreciation and or gratitude
- Developing emotionally intelligent leadership
- Cultivating individual self-efficacy, hope, optimism and resiliency
How we can help
- Get clarity on what it is you truly want to do.
- Discover your innate and awesome skills and strengths and learn how you can use them to propel yourself forward.
- Evaluate and understand your Communication style and the styles of your team, identify any gaps, and how to bridge them.
- Develop a value driven vision and mission for you, your leadership, and your team.
- Establish a plan of action which cultivates emotional intelligence, authentic leadership, and positive employee engagement while also accomplishing the business objectives and goals.
Contact a Coach
Good connection! Kendra listened and understood my situation, pointed out area that needs to be worked out in order to achieve my goals. I felt comfortable expressing myself, and that it's something that I normally don't feel with anybody.”
I found Kendra (My sister in SLAY) by divine intervention. She is my coach, my mentor, and now my friend. Its priceless to have such a trusting and unique relationship. I came to her with the intentions of working on growing my business and got WAY more than I bargained for. I found my worth and self-love - we worked from the inside out. Kendra encouraged me to dig deep and find my truest self, and today I feel like I live the best version of myself. As for my business, I’ve never been happier, because I’ve never operated more authentically than I do today.
- Ashley Michels
In the first session many of my self-imposed limitations began to break away. In 9 sessions I discovered what it is I really want, and feel I must do. Also, Kendra is not afraid to call out your fears or ways you are hiding from things in a gracious way. Thanks so much!